BMW is recalling 76,200
- 2012-14 BMW 320i and 328i sedans,
- 2014 328i xDrive Sports wagons,
- 2012-13 BMW 528i sedans,
- 2013-14 BMW X1 sDrive28i and X1 xDrive28i SUVs,
- 2013-14 BMW X3 xDrive28i SUVs, and
- 2012-14 BMW Z4 sDrive28i sports cars.
All are equipped with BMW’s 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine and have exhibited a problem where a lack of oil in the brake system can cause the brakes to require much harder brake pedal pressure by the driver’s foot in order to slow / stop.
BMW will notify owners of defective cars by mail for immediate recall.